Farewell January, hello the rest of the year. Start planning your weekend getaways, city stay-cations and summer escapes with our pick of the top 20 global events taking place in 2020.
Subscribe, download and sync to the full LUXE-worthy Calendar of Events for regular updates and new editions across the globe.
1. SYDNEY. Electric, eclectic and out there Mardi Gras (14 Feb-1 Mar).
2. SHANGHAI. Interior design and lifestyle steal the spotlight at China’s leading annual paean to form and function: Design Shanghai (12-15 Mar).
3. HONG KONG. Host to a showstopping array of city-wide arty events throughout March. Headliners include Art Basel (17-21 Mar) and Art Central (17-22 Mar).
4. BALI. Wellness honeys flock to BaliSpirit Festival (29 Mar-5 Apr).
5. SEOUL. Seokchon Lake selects the best three-day weekend in April (yet to be announced) and puts on a festive park party.
6. HANOI. The northern Vietnamese city is hosting its first-ever Grand Prix (2-5 Apr).
7. NEW YORK. June is officially Gay Pride month.
8. FLORENCE. All ears for the world’s oldest music festival Firenze Maggio Musicale Fiorentino (2 May-30 Jun).
9. LONDON. Bright whites and sporting prowess aside, Wimbledon (29 Jun-12 Jul) is a highlight of the summer season.
10. TOKYO. Summer Olympics (24 Jul-9 Aug). Nuff said.
Read more: The full list of World Escapes.
11. TOKYO. Backdropped by the Naeba Mountains, Fuji Rock (21-23 Aug) is quite possibly the world’s cleanest festival.
12. HOBART. Showstopping alt-art affair Dark MoFo (10-22 June) and Nude Solstice Swim on 22 June.
13. CHICAGO. The annual Jazz Festival (21 Aug-6 Sep) spotlights legends both local and national.
14. LONDON. The annual bank holiday street party extravaganza, Notting Hill Carnival (30-31 Aug).
15. BERLIN. More than just a trade fair, Berlin Art Week (Sep dates TBC), a week-long celebration of creating, discussing and exhibiting art.
16. BALI. The excellent Ubud Writers and Readers Festival (28 Oct-1 Nov) draws scribes and book-lovers.
17. AMSTERDAM. Be dazzled by the Amsterdam Light Festival (Nov dates TBC).
18. SIEM REAP. For a jog quite like no other Angkor Wat Half Marathon (Dec dates TBC).
19. MIAMI. Sashay into town for big gun Art Basel (3-6 Dec) and the wider Miami Art Week repping satellite shows, exhibits and events dotted along Miami Beach and Miami-Wynwood.
20. BANGKOK. The fledgeling Asian equivalent of Burning Man, Wonderfruit (Dec dates TBC).
Still deciding where to go? Explore more of our cities for jet-setting inspo…