Everyone’s got a bucket list, especially when it comes to travel, but after more than a year of Covid, what’s coming out on top for most?
To answer that question, luxury travel operator Unforgettable Travel has partnered up with SEO Travel to analyse global search data from May 2020 to May 2021. Together, they’ve discovered the world’s top 50 most popular bucket list travel experiences, as of this summer.
Coming in at number one with as many as 10,000 global monthly searches is a visit to the Burj Khalifa skyscraper in Dubai. Second place goes to sailing around the Statue of Liberty in New York, while a hike to the Mount Everest base camp in Nepal came in at third place.
See the top 10 bucket list travel experiences below, along with their number of global monthly searches:
- Visit the tallest tower in the world, the Burj Khalifa, in Dubai – 10,000
- Sail around New York‘s green lady, the Statue of Liberty – 9,300
- Trek to Mount Everest Base Camp in Nepal – 9,000
- Cruise down Egypt’s famous river, the Nile – 7,900
- Go to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris – 7,900
- Experience the madness of the Las Vegas Strip – 7,400
- Cross the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco – 7,400
- Enjoy beautiful views of New York from the top of the Empire State Building – 6,500
- Admire art at the Louvre Museum in Paris – 6,400
- Experience the wonder of Rome‘s Colosseum – 6,400
Interestingly, 19 out of the 50 bucket list travel experiences were in Europe, while travellers may be gearing up for an active holiday based on the list featuring six challenging hikes: Everest Base Camp, Machu Picchu, Mount Kilimanjaro, Havasu Falls, Trolltunga and Table Mountain.
For the full list of the top 50 bucket list travel experiences in the world and breakdowns per continent, visit Unforgettable Travel.